We are looking for motivated and experienced individuals to join our team as climbing instructors. The successful candidates will be passionate about climbing and good customer service and keen to develop their skills within the industry.
Summit Up climbing centre which opened in Oldham in September 2021 has become one of the most exciting facilities of its kind. Featuring one of the largest Clip ’n Climbs in the UK, bouldering, roped climbing, ValoClimb, soft play and cafe, we aim to provide a fantastic experience for people of all ages and abilities, all whilst giving our distributable profits to charity. The role will involve instructing a variety of sessions, working reception and performing other duties as required to ensure we have a first class offering.
• To instruct a variety of sessions from school groups and coaching to NICAS and taster sessions.
• To work reception as required including cash handling and performing competency tests.
• Ensure the highest levels of customer service and safety are maintained at all times and that Summit Up is well represented.
• Take on additional responsibility dependent on experience.
• Instruct to a high standard as required.
• Be professional, approachable and friendly at all times.
• Be passionate about climbing and sharing that passion with others.
• Be flexible and available to work evenings and weekends as required.
• Experience of working in the climbing wall industry.
• Hold relevant climbing instructor qualifications. Whilst CWI or RCI is a minimum we would consider those with ICA looking to progress in the industry.
• Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
• Ability to use own initiative and solve problems.
• Enjoy working as part of a team whilst being an enthusiastic self-starter.
• Passionate about climbing and awareness of industry trends.
• Have a solid level of instructing experience, ideally across a broad range of ages and abilities.
• Have excellent customer service skills.
• Experience of performing PPE inspections.
• Experience of delivering NICAS sessions.
• Experience of using an EPoS system.
• Knowledge of Clip ’n Climb operations.
• Hold a coaching or CWDI qualification.
• Experience of route stripping/ setting.
There are a variety of contracts available including casual, part time and potentially full time for the right candidate. All will require some evening, weekend and Bank Holiday work. It will be based at Summit Up Climbing Centre, Oldham.
• Competitive hourly rate.
• Annual leave allowance and pension contribution.
• Free climbing and cafe discount.
• Training and support to help development.
• Discounted climbing equipment.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to [email protected] by close of business on Sunday 10th December.